FS: Solar Charger & Battery Pack for the Raspberry Pi-Ver 9

cottonpickers
Site Admin

Re: FS: Solar Charger & Battery Pack for the Raspberry Pi-Ve

Postby cottonpickers » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:26 pm

I'd be happy to sell it without the timer for 34.99 GBP so you don't lose out if you later want the timer (hopefully helps keep your options open)

This is for the li-ion based one (but no li-ion cells supplied -so assume you can source 18650's ok?) I like the li-ion version as the panel is bigger and fits nicely.
If you want the nimh based version its a little cheaper (again take 20gbp off the price)

If that works I can either send you an invoice or you can paypal over to this address: cottonpickers@cottonpickers.plus.com and I'll make it up. Let me know if you have a raspberry A, B, A+ or B+ so I can get you the right pi holder.

All: The sample timer arrived from the factory today and is working nice, so I will let them know to make up the rest and ship them over. Likely still 14 days til they arrive (my guess)

jesmulti

Postby jesmulti » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:21 pm

Hi cotton,

I've just done a transfer to you for 34.99x2 = 69.98 GBP via Paypal, so you can send me the Combo Box Pack as soon as you can, after you receive the money, of course.

By the way, I guess you got my postal address for receive it, as it's included in Paypal transaction, but if you don't have it, please send me an email.

Thank you.

cottonpickers
Site Admin

Postby cottonpickers » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:44 am

jsmulti: they've just gone in the post. (two 1.5amp boxes, with empty 18650 li-ion pack and holder for a ver b and ver b+ Pic of whats coming below:
You mentioned you might want to link them so I've included extra lead to join the two together if you need this.

jesmulti

Postby jesmulti » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:44 am

Hello cotton ,

Okay , I'm look forward to get it and start testing.

Maybe you can send an private email in order to confirm the address where it has been send.

Thank you.

simon

Postby simon » Thu May 07, 2015 7:41 pm

Is it possible to just order the li-ion battery pack? And can I use four of these with the pack?

cottonpickers
Site Admin

Postby cottonpickers » Tue May 12, 2015 6:02 am

apologies for the late reply - I can sell one for 9GBP including postage if you are in the UK , otherwise would be 12gbp if you are outside the UK

If they are unprotected they will be fine. The box contains the protection circuit already and some of the protected cells are much longer than 65mm due to the added PCB at the end. This means that some struggle to fit. Panasonic 3400mah are the cell I recommend if you can afford it, but these may be re-branded panas - but I'm not sure.

Yann

Postby Yann » Thu May 14, 2015 11:55 am

Hi CottonPickers !

I don't manage to use the USB timer with the Ver9 panel. :ugeek:
Timer works with a standard phone charger 5V, I can see the light switching on and same voltage in and out.
But with the panel (instable voltage), with sun as without sun, with only one panel as with two panels, batteries full or empty, there is no light, no voltage on output...
Is it a problem of instable voltage/current due to solar fluctuation or is there something that I'm not aware of ?

Thanks in advance,

Yann

simon

Postby simon » Sun May 17, 2015 1:50 pm

cottonpickers wrote:apologies for the late reply - I can sell one for 9GBP including postage if you are in the UK , otherwise would be 12gbp if you are outside the UK

If they are unprotected they will be fine. The box contains the protection circuit already and some of the protected cells are much longer than 65mm due to the added PCB at the end. This means that some struggle to fit. Panasonic 3400mah are the cell I recommend if you can afford it, but these may be re-branded panas - but I'm not sure.

Ok where do I pay? :) By the way is it these you recommend?

cottonpickers
Site Admin

Postby cottonpickers » Fri May 22, 2015 7:38 pm

Normally you use Solar Panel -> battery

Then Battery --> Timer

and finally...

Timer--> device (pi or similar)

So that the solar charges the batter and gives you lots of power to use later with the timer. Hope this helps?

Aikidokajeff

Postby Aikidokajeff » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:15 pm

Cottonpicker, how much are the weather proof cases?
Need to replace my v7 I had in a tupperwear box - worked great even though it warped in the sun a little. (a wire must have come loose now)

Also, I can't see what if anything happened with the solar laptop cases/bags, any updates?

Thanks,

Jeff

Return to “I want one! [Sales threads]”