FS: Solar Charger & Battery Pack for the Raspberry Pi-Ver 9

bronline

Re: FS: Solar Charger & Battery Pack for the Raspberry Pi-Ve

Postby bronline » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:20 pm

Have a custom request - can you please email me? Thanks mailbox.postweb@gmail.com B

Yann

Postby Yann » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:27 pm

Hi Cottonpickers,

what about the B+ box ? Will it be designed for Christmas ? :D

Regards,

Yann

cottonpickers
Site Admin

Postby cottonpickers » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:43 pm

Hi Yann! -OK so I'm happy to say that the B+ box is ready :-) I can include in the Ver 7 or Ver 9 or combo box - just need people to let me know its the B+ and not B that is needed.
See here for pics of it http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291312854632? ... 1561.l2649

Yann

Postby Yann » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:44 pm

Thanks for this new box, it's well done one more time ;)

I've a question about adding panels.
I would like to load one of the cell box system by the existant panel (build for it) and by a second panel, firstly to load faster my cells but also to have one output at the end.
Which plug is used as output only and which can be used as input ? :geek: (As photo "azerty.png")

azerty.png
azerty.png (182.72 KiB) Viewed 1937 times

To understand, It should be linked as in the picture "system.png"

system.png
system.png (89.83 KiB) Viewed 1937 times

Regards,

Yann

cottonpickers
Site Admin

Postby cottonpickers » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:32 pm

The USB ports and Plugs are both input and output.

You can connect any input from one panel set to any output of another.

Normally I connect the red 'output' lead on the right to the yellow input port on the top or bottom. If you connect a bare panel it will speed up charging. If you connect a bare 4xnimh pack it will increase runtime.

jesmulti

Postby jesmulti » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:47 pm

Hi cottonpickers.

I've been checking your web site, and guess it's what I need.

I'm working in a project wich requires a 24/7 raspberry pi with a Picamera and a 3g Router (i.e. a Tp-link one, 5V 1A).

I guess that a Solar Charger & Battery Pack for the Raspberry Pi-Ver 9, can do the job, but I'm not sure it will be enough, or should I better use a pair of them, one for the raspi, and the other one for the router. In this case, if it should be better link the panels together, or use them isolated from each other

One of them should include a Timer Box Combo, which I can set to switch on/off the 5v power supply. (By the way, what is the range of the timer, I mean, from 30 minutes to 24 hour, or from 1 day to 7 days, or how?)

For what I've seen, the packs are all waterproof, and ready to use outdoors.

The location will be in Madrid, Spain with a Peak Sun Hours in December of 4.

Thanks in advance.

cottonpickers
Site Admin

Postby cottonpickers » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:02 pm

Hi,
24x7 is too hard with solar unless you get a really big panel or really cut back on peripherals. This is main reason for getting a timer so you can switch off at night or only on at set times each day.

1.5amp an hour is still only 6amps in 4 hours good sun in winter. Ideally get a rapberry Pi A+ as its about 100ma each hour (2.4amps a day) or a B+ as its about 200ma (4.8amps) each hour rather than a B (400ma an hour - 9.6amps a day)
Look for a 3g router that uses less power if possible or swtich it off when not being used.

Timer is a full 17 setting 7-day timer. So you could tell it to come on every weekday from 9am-5pm and then every weekend from 1pm-2pm and also perhaps come on every Friday 10pm-10.01pm with all 3 timings happing in paralleel. Its digital so 1min is minimum interval.
Be aware that I am working with the timer factory to make a change - so likely can't sell timers for next 2 weeks or so.
The 'combo box' is weather proof, not ver 9 or ver 7. If you need to link combo boxes let me know but maybe separate panel for dongle is the way to go.

jesmulti

Postby jesmulti » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:46 pm

Hi cottonpickers,

OK, so, If i use a B+, with a Ver 9 unit, and it turns out to be not enough power for it, could I buy another Ver 9, and link it to the existing one, and get twice time of running?

And another question, if Ver 9 is not outdoor ready and waterproof, do you have something which can turn it?

I agree with you, it's better to use a separate unit for the Raspi and another one for the 3G router.

If you don't have timers now, it's not a problem if you can provide me a 12v cc output, I can use one on my own.

So, in case I decide to purchase one or two Ver. 9, in this week, how long will it take for me to receive it?

Thank you again.

cottonpickers
Site Admin

Postby cottonpickers » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:06 am

Ver 9 and ver 7 are both linkable to double run time. But neither are weatherproof. For that you need a combo box.

How important is weatherproof? if its very important I can make up a combo box and send on without the timer and send the timer a bit later (or refund you for the timer) as the new timers won't arrive for a couple weeks.

If you purchase a Ver 9 Or combo I can post on Saturday. To the EU is about 6 days and the US its typically 10 Days. Aus is normally 12-14 depends where you are

jesmulti

Postby jesmulti » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:01 am

Hi,

OK, fine, I'll purchase two wheater proof Combo Box 2, in principle one I need one with a timer and the other one without it.

For what I've see, price for Combo Box 2 is 54.99 GBP with the timer, so, if you tell how much is it without the timer, I could decide if I purchase both of them with or without it.

Thank you.

Return to “I want one! [Sales threads]”