Raspberry User Guide

Mike

Raspberry User Guide

Postby Mike » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:46 am

I notice that the Raspberry Pi user guide is now available for pre-order ( It should be available in a few weeks ) from Amazon, however at around #12 it seems pretty expensive at nearly half the cost of the Pi itself and I was wondering if anyone knew of anything similar maybe available as a download?

cottonpickers
Site Admin

Re: Raspberry User Guide

Postby cottonpickers » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:09 pm

You mean this one?

Is this an official user guide?

Mike

Postby Mike » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:26 pm

Yes, that is the official guide for the Raspberry Pi, It looks as If It will be available as an ebook eventually though so I shall wait.

TheWhiteDragon

Postby TheWhiteDragon » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:42 pm

ONLY Buy the Official Manual, the others are just a collection of Wiki Pages Copied & Pasted.

to be honest all the money goes to the raspberry pi foundation,
which in turn puts the pi in all the schools in england and many other countries.

£11 isnt exactly bad considering its co-written by Eben the guy who built the pi.
(spoken to him before in an email, really nice guy by the way)

if we can get more people to slap the "i want a kindle version" button im sure it will get done quicker :)

Mike

Postby Mike » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:29 am

TheWhiteDragon wrote:ONLY Buy the Official Manual, the others are just a collection of Wiki Pages Copied & Pasted.

to be honest all the money goes to the raspberry pi foundation,
which in turn puts the pi in all the schools in england and many other countries.

£11 isnt exactly bad considering its co-written by Eben the guy who built the pi.
(spoken to him before in an email, really nice guy by the way)

if we can get more people to slap the "i want a kindle version" button im sure it will get done quicker :)

I think that is fair comment, although in this day and age I still think a cheaper "E Book" download is the way to go and would generate more sales.

TheWhiteDragon

Postby TheWhiteDragon » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:13 am

the books finally out and in kindle form :)

Return to “Raspberry Pi Project Discussions”