2.8" TFT touch screen

Aikidokajeff

Re: 2.8" TFT touch screen

Postby Aikidokajeff » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:52 am

Hi Jolly,

Sadly I don't make or distribute the screens.
But as you can see they are now available from CottonPickers!
They are also available from Texy on the Raspberry Pi forums: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=48956

Good luck with your project and don't be too daunted by the programming side of things, once you get started it isn't that difficult.
I would suggest finding something you REALLY want to make (like me and the camera interface) and go for it.
Then just break your project down into individual milestones to make everything much easier to put together.
And most importantly GOOGLE the hell out of that small steps!
If you see from my write-up: http://www.aikitek.org/wordpress/?p=117 you can see an outline of how I worked.
I need to draw/write to the screen - Google to find code and use Texy's examples
I need to have the touchscreen work - Google and use Texy's demo code.
I need to call programs within Python - Google, add it to the program.
I need etc etc etc...

I suppose I make it all sound simple, but breaking it down and having a passion for the outcome should drive you through.
And if not, it is excellent you have someone who can help out (as well as the excellent community on the raspberry pi forms as well as others)

Good luck with your project and do update us all!

Jeff

Jollybox

Postby Jollybox » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:39 pm

Thanks for the encouragement Jeff, I have the passion but lack the patience.... :)

I have kept a photo record so far (one frame of the 'rail'). Waiting for all the bits and pieces to come together to really photo-document the build.

Fortunately my brother is visiting Oz soon, he is a whizz design engineer so Ill ask him to sort the 'mechanical' side of things on his holiday ;)

Any advice or resources about stepper motors you recommend?

J

Jollybox

Postby Jollybox » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:41 pm

cottonpickers wrote:Jolly box: I've pinged texy who makes the TFT and he's ok with me reselling them packaged with the solar battery box. Ill be looking to package the display and the slightly larger solar case together and perhaps offer them (£40) at about £5 discounted price from the separate items. Folks who just want texys screen should buy direct over at raspberrypi.org Id be happy to sell the display and case in the photo to you (or if you aren't interested to anyone else that has posted on this website before today) for £35. For now I just have the one case/TFT combo. Which I can post out at Sun

Very interested, let me know how much

J

cottonpickers
Site Admin

Postby cottonpickers » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:01 am

Jollybox: I can post out the one TFT display/Solar Case combo here (the one in the pic) for 35 pounds to anyone that has posted on this site already (so you qualify for that!)

Return to “Raspberry Pi Project Discussions”