Solar panel question

jibanes

Solar panel question

Postby jibanes » Sun May 10, 2015 8:27 pm

Hello,

I'm about to order one of your battery carrier and timer, truthfully, there's not much sun where I live; so I was hoping to use this:
http://www.adafruit.com/products/1525

Would you see any issue with this setup? This would be the only conceivable way to get enough juice to my Pi for my specific application.

Also, do you happen to have an ebay store? Perhaps it would make things somewhat easier to order from the USA; but I'm happy to use paypal either way.

Cheers, let me know what you think,
J.

cottonpickers
Site Admin

Re: Solar panel question

Postby cottonpickers » Tue May 12, 2015 6:10 am

Hi,

that panel is the same power as the 5.5w one I supply with the nimh solution. it will work fine to double the power but its an expensive way to achieve it. I can happily sell an extra panel for $25 if you prefer (but fine if you go ada route and I think I can add in an adapter to plug in for you) If you are thinking of using Li-ion Cells, you really need 5V. I similarly could supply an extra 5V panel if you went that way.

I do have an ebay account but as they charge 10% on all sales I can provide lower prices here, but happy to post anything to ebay if easier / preferable.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pickintastic/ ... pg=&_from=

jibanes

Postby jibanes » Tue May 12, 2015 3:03 pm

That sounds good, the panel I was looking at is waterproof, what is the best way to make your panels waterproof as well?

cottonpickers
Site Admin

Postby cottonpickers » Fri May 22, 2015 7:40 pm

all my panels are waterproof :-)

Return to “Raspberry Pi Project Discussions”